A collection of half-inebriated, non-sequitur rants and ramblings from the hellish mondane world of retail pharmacy.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I really have nothing better to do

Holy shit was I ever in a bad mood yesterday. Here's why...

I get this patient in the door (right as we are closing) with five new scripts for diabetes type 2 meds. Sure whatever. All and well. ACEI, check, statin, check, looking good, except for the thiazolidinedione (glitazone you idiots) that is twice the recommended maximum daily dosage. I understand those maxes are only well researched guidelines that aren't always set in stone. I'll even admit that the physician probably knows more about diabetes than me (although probably not true). However, he has no history of using a glitazone, his other diabetes treatments aren't maxed out, and all of this is a bit much to a drug naive patient.

So anyways, I call the MD in the morning. MD is gone. MD only works one day a month. I get the PA who quickly realizes the error, admits it was more than likely a mistake, a transcription error, something. He changes it, makes great recommendations and promises to follow up with the patient and MD. Meanwhile the patient calls the MD. MD says, I am your doctor, fuck that pharmacist, I am your doctor, do what I said.

Fuck you assclown. He gets all glib on my ass and thanks me for my concern (yeah right, fuck you too) but says that his doc is the best.

Yes, all MDs are inherently blessed with knowing everything about medications. I know dick, the FDA and their flimsy guidelines mean dick, and because your doctor said its okay, then it must be so. Sorry to bother you with my concern for your well being. Trust me, captain, it will never happen again.

Matter of fact, that MD goes straight to my 'do not question list.' You, Dr. Sassypants, you write it, you scribe it, they get it. I pray I get a script that has a 'pr' in place of 'po'. "Sorry sir, your doctor said you can cram it up your ass.'

I hope you get heart failure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home