A collection of half-inebriated, non-sequitur rants and ramblings from the hellish mondane world of retail pharmacy.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Pick a speed!

Okay, this has nothing to do with pharmacy, but it angers me just as much.

Like most people, I like to speed. I generally like to go about 5 to 7 MPH over the limit. Why? Because I have better fucking things to do than sit in my car. So, when I get behind someone doing the limit, or what I deem to be just under, my blood pressure starts to raise. But hey, maybe they are drunk. Maybe they have warrents issued for their arrest. Whatever their reason may be, they don't want to get pulled over, and I can respect that. If I had a dead body in the trunk of my car, I'm certain I would be extra cautious and mindful of my local traffic laws.

But the one thing I cannot wrap my mind around is the person completely oblivious to the current speed limit. They are out for a cruise, and they don't give a shit what the limit is. Hell, they can be on the freeway, which is easy to determine and clearly has a high speed limit, it don't matter, if they want to go 40, they go 40. They may exit and keep going 40 in the new 25 MPH zone. The cardinal sign of this type of driver is their window. No, not the glass ones surrounding their interior. The speed window. The range of speeds they seemingly aim to stay between. It generally falls around 17 to 51 MPH. And you never know where in range they will be at any given moment.

So if this driver is you, and you see a black Ford Taurus pull up behind you and some guy is screaming to what you would assume is death metal, its me and I want you to die. At least that way you would likely pull off the road.

Move bitch, get out the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home