A collection of half-inebriated, non-sequitur rants and ramblings from the hellish mondane world of retail pharmacy.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Give Thanks

What I am thankful for:

A kick ass tech that is smart, doesn't question everything I do, is great with customers/patients, super quick, and not to be a total dick, KNOWS HIS ROLE.

Customers that get the concept that their physician is not in their office, sitting next to the fax machine, just waiting to approve their refill requests.

Patients that take some amount, no matter how small it might be, in the responsibility of knowing something about their prescriptions.

Online C-II ordering. Took the feds long enough to allow that. You can buy wine, airplane tickets, make reservations, order a pizza and buy a car online (and have been able to for years), but now we can finally stop filling out those stupid 222's.

A close working relationship with our most frequently prescribing physicians. Trust me here, it makes practicing pharmacy, actually practicing it, a whole lot easier.

Patients who are genuinly grateful for their insurance, and comprehend that their $30 copay for a month of Lipitor has in fact been run through their insurance, and realizes just how much money they are saving. I fucking hate it when I run a script for something very expensive, say 60 tablets of Zofran, and when I tell them their copay is $40 they gasp and act all pissed that I didn't run it through their insurance. And no, I am not yanking your chain when I say the cash price is over $1000.

All the warm and fuzzies I get from the above thankful-worthy people and moments still pale in stark comparison to the opiate-addicts, idiot nurses, dickhead physicians, and general incompetent, how-can-they-both-breath-AND-walk public, and the mental pain they inflict on me every damn day.

I hate you all.

Happy Holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home