A collection of half-inebriated, non-sequitur rants and ramblings from the hellish mondane world of retail pharmacy.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Don't be a dick

Sometimes physicians really piss me off. Generally, I respect them and enjoy working with them. Every now and then, they just get under my skin and beg for my foot in their ass. Let's discuss;

When I call and tell you that a medication you (the MD) just prescribed is contraindicated in your patient, brushing me off is not the right response. When I call back, insisting why and giving specifics of said contraindicated reaction, telling me to half the dose is also not the correct response. One of the great things about modern pharmacy is that there is almost always another option in medication selection. Maybe your pharmacist can help you with it. Just a thought. Anyways, point is; don't get all shitty and pissy when I try to help YOUR FUCKING PATIENT. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm not trying to show off the massive size of my pharmacy brain, I'm just trying to help YOU AND YOUR PATIENT. Quit being such a smelly cock.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really am just showing off the size of my massive pharmacy brain. If someone gets helped as a result, well, that's a nice side effect I guess, but letting people know I am smarter than them is definitely what's most important.

drugmonkey

6:45 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

I wish they would stop being smelly cocks, but I don't see that happening ever.

10:13 PM

 
Blogger thedruglord said...

Its just funny calling them smelly cocks. Also, asshats. teehee

8:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home