A collection of half-inebriated, non-sequitur rants and ramblings from the hellish mondane world of retail pharmacy.

Friday, February 16, 2007

The final check

No, not my final check. The patients' final check. JHC it drives me fucking crazy. I don't know what the fuck they are thinking when they do this. I can picture the little gerbel in their head that normally spins the wheel going all over the place getting no where. Why the fuck is it that when patients walk up to my counter with a stack of prescriptions they have to thumb through them and give them the final once over.

Free patient advice: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE LOOKING AT! I do! Thats what I'm here for. Why the hell do you insist on going through them all one last time? Just give them to me! The sooner you do, the sooner you can get your bitch ass out of my store and I can go back to checking my email. Just give them to me, I'll get them ready, and then afterwards, we can talk about them. Why don't we wait until they are in English (or computer translated Spanish) and NOT latin shorthand so your sub-GED capable brain can follow along. What a fucking concept.

I don't cup my sack and check to make sure my balls are still intact when I see my urologist. I'm going to assume women don't scrounge around their vaginas right before their OB does the deed. You get the idea.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. What's even worse is when the patient picks up their meds, then tips them out of the bag to check you've not made any mistakes. That's so annoying!!

5:18 AM

 
Blogger DrugsReporter said...

You tell it like it is... Any chance you could add a link to my blog and I'll do the same for you?

http://consultantrph.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
ConsultantRPh

12:57 PM

 
Blogger MrHunnybun said...

I hate it when they tip them out then bitch that:- "I normally have the blue tablets made by suchandsuch generic company, these ones don't work as well!"

5:30 AM

 
Blogger MrHunnybun said...

Yes, it' annoying when some borderline retarded patient thinks he needs to check his Rx/Items tomake sure we don't make mistakes.

Even worse are the phonecalls from patients who insist you left X,Y or Z out, even though that item wasn't on the prescription!

9:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I just hate it when a patient looks at his medications and says, "This doesn't look right" and I reluctantly look it over and find out that I HAVE MADE AN ERROR!!! Because I know I can make a mistake and a person's life may be on the line I always tell my patients that if their medication looks different to ask me if there has been a change. I never make a patient feel guilty for asking me a question!!

1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home