A collection of half-inebriated, non-sequitur rants and ramblings from the hellish mondane world of retail pharmacy.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Want to increase business

Damnit, I'm on a roll tonight.

Are you looking to increase revenue and business at your pharmacy. I have a fool-proof, sure fire way to do so.

Let me ask you one question. Ever notice how business picks up to furious pace once YOUR lunch starts. This only goes for those of you (99% of pharmacists) that get to work through their lunch. Once you pop that sandwich out of the bag, or rip the seal open on that frozen burrito, it becomes a madhouse at your pharmacy.

If you are on the verge of forclosure, I highly recommend you order out. Get something highly delicious, incredibly savory, and hot. It must be warm. By the time your back in the black, your meal will be room temperature. Its a promise.

Take a sip of your soda, the phone will ring. Take a big bite of a peanut butter sandwich, a customer will pop up out of nowhere. You get the idea.

Sometimes its fun to dick with the phone. Just put the piece of food by your mouth; don't actually start eating it. It will ring, but no one will be on the other end. You:1, Phone: 0. You get the idea.

Anyways, the point is, there is a secret underground community of food servers and your patients. They are watching you all the time and know when you are hungry. They wait for you to go heat up your lunch, and then they storm the store.

I have yet to enjoy one lunch uninterrupted since I've been working. Fuck that. I swear to God its going to make me kill someone.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet mother of god! I thought I was the only one! I haven't tasted a lunch in 9 years...I just inhale them to provide calories to my self-cannibalizing system.

ps-if you just chew glucose tablets to stave off the coma, this phenomenon will not happen.

3:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been telling that same story for years!! The other day I decided to fuck with the world and just eat my sandwich on the bench, ignoring everyone and not answer the phone. The whole time with a shit eating grin on my face just to see how long before someone disturbed me. 9 people...9!!! in a 15 minute span. All 9 interupted me! Can anyone top that?!!

8:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

off subject, but rxcrement is the best name ever. I've got to come up with something good but damn, the bar was set high with that! I love this site...get out of my head people.

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

no, I can't top that, but I can add to it. We closed for lunch, pulled the gate, the whole nine yards. Just as my lunch was finished in the microwave, an old couple literally banged on the gate until I came to see what the hell they were doing. They had a prescription. It needed to be filled RIGHT NOW, because they were on the way to the airport for a vacation. They got the prescription 5 days prior.

7:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home